RIDER SPOTS ARE FULL:
This clinic experience will be focused on Leads, Lead Changes, Getting a Better Stop & Back Up. These are very important skills for the horse and rider to learn whether riding in competition or riding for pleasure. We will be riding in the arena as well as using the natural terrain around the farm. Martin will be going over how to stay out of the horses way, the footfalls, preparing your horse for the flying lead change, timing of the flying lead change, solutions for lead change problems and refining the lead change for performance. Martin addresses not only the physical aspects of preparing to stop, but the importance of considering a horse's mental state when teaching him to stop with effort. This clinic will have a maxiumum of 11 riders. Everyone will have their own stall and/or paddock for your use. You are welcome to bring more then one horse to this clinic. You'll have time to ride after class or switch out horses during the day.
• Your deposit/clinic payment holds your spot. Once we have deposited your check(s), your payment(s) are Non-Refundable. It can however be transferable to another rider for this 3 day clinic.
• Your final clinic payment is due two months prior to the start of clinic, otherwise you forfeit your spot.
• You must be 18 years of age or older to participate, unless pre-approved.
• All horses must have a current negative Coggins Report & Rabies.
• No video recording is permitted during any part of the clinic. This involves the use of any recording device, including cameras, tablets and cell phones.
• You are welcome to take still photographs.
• Smoking is not allowed in or around the barn.
• Dogs are HIGHLY discouraged, but if you must bring a dog it will need to be confined at all times.
• This clinic might involve riding outside the arena in varied terrain. If you are not comfortable doing this, please let me know your limitations.
• Clinic size is limited to allow individual instruction, although at times you will be expected to work with your horse independently.
• Please plan to arrive before dark on the day prior to the start of the clinic.
• Clinics generally start at 9am and continue until 4 or 5pm, with an hour break at noon. However, the schedule may vary depending on circumstances. Each clinic is unique and we want to be sure everyone gets the most out of the experience.