4-day clinic – July 15-18. This clinic is best suited for the riders that have already ridden with Joe, ride often (Can walk, trot and canter comfortably) and would like to advance their horsemanship skills. In this 4 day clinic we will be touching on a variety of topics. General Horsemanship (Day 1, a going over issues you are currently experiencing with your horse), Day 2 obstacles (setting it up so it's the horses idea), Day 3 Putting what you learned to a purpose, we will be headed out on a 15 mile trail ride to a local deli for lunch. Day 4 Working with cattle, what to look for when asking your horse to "rate" a calf. Also, general roping information and practice. RIDER SPOTS FULL
AUDITORS: No Auditors on the 17th. We will be riding off property.
Maximum of 11 riders.
• Your deposit/clinic payment holds your spot. Once we have deposited your check(s), your payment(s) are Non-Refundable. It can however be transferable to another rider for this 3 day clinic.
• Your final clinic payment is due two months prior to the start of clinic, otherwise you forfeit your spot.
• You must be 18 years of age or older to participate, unless pre-approved.
• All horses must have a current negative Coggins Report & Rabies.
• No video recording is permitted during any part of the clinic. This involves the use of any recording device, including cameras, tablets and cell phones.
• You are welcome to take still photographs.
• Smoking is not allowed in or around the barn.
• DOG POLICY: No dogs are permitted at West Meadow Farm during a clinic. We are a horse a horse facility, and the safety of horse and rider is our first priority. Thank you for your cooperation.
• This clinic might involve riding outside the arena in varied terrain. If you are not comfortable doing this, please let me know your limitations.
• Clinic size is limited to allow individual instruction, although at times you will be expected to work with your horse independently.
• Please plan to arrive before dark on the day prior to the start of the clinic.
• Clinics generally start at 9am and continue until 4 or 5pm, with an hour break at noon. However, the schedule may vary depending on circumstances. Each clinic is unique and we want to be sure everyone gets the most out of the experience.